Search for jobs in your area
#520 Safe Bed Relief Worker
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JOB POSTING # 520
|Position Title:||Safe Bed Relief Worker|
|Workgroup:||Immediate and Brief Services|
|Posting Date:||June 24 – June 30, 2020|
|Start Date:||July 1, 2020|
|Salary Range:||$25.13 – $31.41 per hour|
About CMHA Niagara
CMHA, Niagara is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to promoting mental wellness and to improving the lives of people in its service area who have mental illness as well as their families. CMHA Niagara achieves its mission through a number of programs and services.
CMHA, Niagara is committed to a recovery philosophy which focuses on the potential for people with mental illness to lead full, productive and engaged lives in their communities. The Branch works in partnership with many others who share in the commitment to supporting the broad determinants of health.
The Safe Bed Relief Worker provides relief support to regular staff in the provision of short-term counseling and defined support for individuals being referred to the Safe Bed Program at CMHA Niagara. The intent is to ensure client safety, to encourage empowerment and crisis resolution while maintaining a calm and respectful environment for all.
This is a 24 hour/7 day a week operation. The successful candidate must be available to work rotating day and overnight shifts, Monday to Sunday – up to 12-hour shifts that includes a combination of awake and sleep shifts on an as-needed (to cover sick/vacation/leave and Statutory Holidays) basis; availability to accept shifts is a condition of employment.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides defined support and crisis resolution to individuals who access the Safe Bed Program.
- Delivers immediate, responsible intervention while exercising good judgment in a reactive or life threatening crisis situation.
- Shares responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Safe Bed Program, which will include planning and preparing meals as well as doing client and house laundry.
- Maintains a safe environment and follows security and non-violent procedures.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of resources, policies and procedures and share relevant information with other members of the team. Incorporates community referrals to other agencies. g. Addiction Services – Detoxification Services, Housing Help, etc.
Essential Job Requirements
- Successful completion of a university undergraduate degree program in the human service field or accredited community college diploma in the Social Service Worker program.
- 2 -3 years of employment experience in the mental health field.
- Relevant registration with a regulated body is highly preferred.
- Minimum Level 1 Behavioural Competencies (Canada’s Substance Abuse Workforce) for all Support and Outreach Competencies.
- Certified in the following safety courses: Safety Care (or Non-Violent Crisis Intervention), First Aid and CPR, Suicide Intervention (ASIST), Mental Health First Aid, concurrent disorder support.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Verifiable computer and technological proficiency, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have access to a reliable personal vehicle.
- Current valid class ‘G’ driver’s license.
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check).
- Actual life experience and/or lived experience with mental illness or addictions an asset.
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
CMHA Niagara is a culturally competent organization and is committed to building an inclusive community that respects the dignity and independence of candidates with multicultural and diverse backgrounds, multilingual abilities, and experience with the LGBTQ community. Candidates with this background would be considered an asset.
CMHA Niagara is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please see the related AODA policies on our website at, www.cmhaniagara.ca for further details or contact our Human Resources department for any information in an alternate format.
If you are interested in applying for this position, it is your responsibility to ensure your application is received by Human Resources no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 30, 2020.
Our purpose is to strengthen mental wellness in the Niagara community.
A Niagara where mental health is recognized, supported and optimized.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insert #520 Safe Bed Relief Worker and your full name into the subject line.
66 total views, 1 today