Search for jobs in your area
Assistant General Manager (including Nursery)
Job Type: Full Time
The Assistant General Manager (including Nursery) is self-motivated and results driven who will direct and manage our organizations nursery retail activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies. The Assistant Retail Nursery Manager will provide leadership for the retail operations of the Garden Gallery. The Assistant Retail Nursery Manager with knowledge of all facets of the retail operation will motivate and educate team members. The Assistant Retail Nursery Manager will lead by example by providing excellent customer service. The Assistant Retail Nursery Manager will be leading a team of diverse individuals in a fast-paced work environment. It is also essential as Assistant Retail Nursery Manager, to be responsible to understand, and effectively grow the customer relationship, identify new opportunities, and shifts in market demand or business conditions and recommend appropriate action.
Critical Success Factors:
- Responsible for team’s performance management
- Responsible for the complete retail operational process of the Garden Gallery.
- Manage and analyze inventory data and calculate and balance for year end.
- Brilliant at time management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dynamic retail merchandising skills.
- A mentor to our staff—setting high standards for service, coaching associates when necessary, and working with our management team to ensure that our service model is being adhered to and executed properly.
- Achieve financial budgets with pricing strategies by identifying new opportunities of growth.
- Develop and execute the organization’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the executive team.
- Ensure company policies are communicated and that they are followed at all times.
- Assist with managing purchase orders to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels for all marketing initiatives and the diverse demands of the business.
- Responsible for the set up and maintenance of the Point of Sale.
- Maintain staffing levels consistent with business needs to ensure excellent customer service and fiscal responsibility to the company.
- Delegate responsibilities and manage the work of team members providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Assist with recruiting and hiring team members.
- Opening and closing duties of the retail store.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company growth.
- Ensure a positive work environment through training and professional development of team members.
- Further develop and enhance company culture.
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred.
- Horticultural Technician Certificate will be preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in management capacity.
- Progressive 5 years greenhouse/nursery management experience.
- Minimum 5 years retail management experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Able to excel in high pressure situations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
185 total views, 4 today