Search for jobs in your area
Organization: Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Division: Social Assistance Programs Division – Ontario Disability Support Program
City: St. Catharines
Job Term: 1 Temporary (BILINGUAL up to 12 months with possible extension)
Job Code: 10503 – Welfare Field Worker 2
Salary: $1,165.54 – $1,400.09 Per Week*
*Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job ID: 136274
Are you highly motivated and client-centered? Consider this opportunity to respond to inquiries and provide program information to a diverse clientele, the public advocacy groups and agencies.
*This is a bilingual position only.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- provide customer service and consultation to clients
- collect and evaluate information to determine eligibility for ODSP Income and Employment Supports
- make adjustments to entitlements and resolve conflict situations
- explain legislation and ministry initiatives
- prepare a range of communication materials
- plan and deliver information sessions to clients and stakeholders, on community-based employment supports
How do I qualify?
Mandatory: You must have advanced level verbal French language skills and advanced level written French language skills
Customer Service and Communication Skills:
- you can provide effective customer service to clients with disabilities
- you have the ability to liaise with community agencies, provide information to clients, and resolve conflict situations
- you have effective communication and consulting skills to write clear, concise reports and conduct information sessions
- you demonstrate sensitivity towards diversity/inclusion of applicants/clients and co-workers
- you have interviewing skills to conduct interviews with clients by phone or in person
- you have effective listening skills to determine client needs and make appropriate referrals
- you have knowledge of community services, resources, policies, programs and issues/barriers affecting clients with disabilities
- you have knowledge of labour market trends
- you are able to interpret and apply legislation in order to review/determine program eligibility and identify infractions
Analytical, Planning and Organizational Skills:
- you demonstrate planning and organizational skills to set priorities, work within time constraints and meet deadlines
- you have demonstrated analytical skills to collect, document and evaluate information
- you are able to work in a team environment
NOTE: Successful candidates may be required to undergo an employment screening check in accordance with the Ontario Employment Screening Checks Policy.
Address: 1 Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 301 St. Paul St., St. Catharines, West region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union. Understanding the job ad – definitions
Schedule: 3.7 Category: Health and Social Services
How to Apply
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, June 24, 2019 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
50 total views, 1 today