Search for jobs in your area
Personal Support Worker
6 PSW POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Personal Support Worker, under the direction of the Director of Care, provides personal care services to residents and assists residents with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide personal care service according to directions on the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of residents are met.
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise and feeding including special diets
- Perform specialized resident specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document resident care and behaviors according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the resident’s condition to the nurse in change or to the Director of Care.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Foyer Richelieu Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with Foyer Richelieu’s Quality Improvement Program.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify nurse in change of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Foyer Richelieu personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- PSW certificate from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program.
- One year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate verbally in French and English. Ability to write in English.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely.
- Able to freely lift 10 kilograms.
How to Apply
Send your resume to:
46 total views, 3 today