Search for jobs in your area
Housing Outreach Worker
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Housing Outreach Worker will work to build and maintain relationships and partnerships in the Niagara Region with Indigenous and non-Indigenous organizations to provide supports through housing outreach and supports.
The Housing Outreach Worker is responsible to the responsible to the policies and procedures in accordance with Niagara Regional Native Centre and under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and/or designates.
- Diploma/Degree in Social Services or related field
- Knowledge of social, cultural, historical and well-being of Indigenous people in Niagara
- Knowledge of Housing First and Supportive Transitional Housing projects
- Social assessment skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, coordination and facilitation skills
- Understanding and awareness of Indigenous cultures
- Knowledge about health, and economic influences that impact Indigenous people of Niagara
- Experience in report writing and database recording
- Ability to develop relationships and work professionally and collaboratively with Niagara area organizations
- Excellent skills in both written and oral communications
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 software an asset
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable vehicle
- Must have or able to obtain a clear CPIC for the Vulnerable Sector.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, proof of education/training and three written references.
Please send with the title of the position in the subject line to: email@example.com
Niagara Regional Native Centre
382 Airport Road
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1j0
Closing: July 16, 2019 at 4 pm
161 total views, 3 today