Search for jobs in your area
Perinatal Registered Practical Nurse
Contract of 3 months at 35 hours/week or 6 months at 21 hours/week, with possibility of extension
Location: Hamilton with travel
Hourly salary grid: $24.17 to $29.12
Under the direction of the Specialized Services Director, the Perinatal Registered Nurse works with new parents and their newborns in the areas served by the CSCHN to provide one-on-one counselling on nutrition and health care during the prenatal and postnatal periods.
- Provide individual prenatal and postnatal consultation sessions related to maternal health care
- Improving the health and wellbeing of families with babies
- Create and promote a support system for new mothers and their newborns.
- Promote breastfeeding and its duration by offering prenatal and postnatal support.
- Plan, organize and deliver group activities such as prenatal classes, postnatal education groups, parent groups, etc.
- Provide postnatal follow up on nutritional care for newborns
- Prepare snacks and cold dishes for group activities
- Make home visits or individual consultations
- Plans and prepares the materials needed to teach and demonstrate the selected elements during a visit
- To encourage the development and maintenance of strong relationships between parents and children.
- Maintains prenatal and postnatal statistics and records and prepares reports
- Participate in relevant networks/committees as requested by the Supervisor
- Practical nursing degree from a recognized institution
- Certificate of Qualification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Two to three years’ experience in a public service or healthcare organization
- In-depth knowledge of the special needs of new mothers
- Ability to work with pregnant mothers, fathers, and newborns
- Excellent communication skills (including ability to speak in front of groups)
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Fluency in spoken and written French and English
- Demonstrate initiative and ability towork independently
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings to meet customer needs
- Hold a valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a motor vehicle
How to Apply
Please send us your resume and cover letter in French or English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton/Niagara
810, East Main Street, Welland, ON L3B 3Y4; Phone: (905)734-1141 Fax: (905) 734-1678 – www.cschn.ca
The CSC is committed to the principle of equal access to employment.
Accommodations are available upon request. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
54 total views, 1 today