Search for jobs in your area
Justice Outreach Worker
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Justice Outreach Worker (JOW) will offer aftercare services to Indigenous people who come in contact with the Criminal Justice System. The focus of the JOW is to reduce the rate of recidivism for the Three Fires Community Justice Program participants. The JOW will collaborate and create partnerships with the Indigenous and non-Indigenous programs aimed at meeting the complex needs of the Three Fires Community Justice Program participants and Niagara Indigenous community.
- BA of Social Work or relevant experience.
- Previous work experience in the Criminal Justice and/or Social Service field.
- Highly skilled in developing relationships with agencies and co-workers.
- Experience in group facilitation and programming.
- Ability to assess participants needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make sound decisions
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize a high volume of work.
- Knowledge of social barriers and challenges faced by urban Indigenous people.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills and database reporting.
- Excellent research and reporting skills and knowledge of Office 365.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high volume work environment.
- Experience working within a community based organization.
- Must have valid driver’s licence, Insurance and reliable vehicle.
- Must have or able to obtain a clear CPIC for the Vulnerable Sector.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, proof of education/training and three written references.
Please send with the title of the position in the subject line to:
Niagara Regional Native Centre
382 Airport Road
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
Closing: September 20th, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
68 total views, 1 today