Search for jobs in your area
Park Attendant – Gate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Summary of Duties
Under the direction of the Area Superintendent, the incumbent is responsible for the performance of gatehouse operations and customer service along with assistance in general maintenance of the parks as required. Duties may include processing cash receipts through issuing use permits, daily cash handling oversight and accounts reports/reconciliations. This role is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the patrons and ensuring the safe condition of the conservation area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to operate cash register/POS machine to issue all use permits
- Ensure proper cash handling procedures
- Implement basic accounting practices for reconciliation of daily receipts and sales
- Responsible to maintain gatehouse in orderly and clean condition, and ensure grounds keeping is performed to ensure safe and clean condition of the area.
- Provide general oversight of visitor activity, ensuring safety of customers and park
- Communicate effectively and courteously with visitors, promoting good public relations and an enjoyable customer experience
- Assist in the general operation of the Conservation Area
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience
- Experience related to Security or Maintenance
- Valid G class driver’s license preferred
- Valid CPR & First Aid an asset
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve challenging customer situations
- Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
Applicants will be assigned to one location but may be asked to work at any of the locations listed below. Please indicate your location preference(s) as part of your application.
- Ball’s Falls
- Binbrook (Hamilton)
- Chippawa Creek
- Long Beach
How to Apply
Please apply on-line at www.npca.ca/administration/careers
121 total views, 2 today