Search for jobs in your area
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Location: Port Colborne
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, own vehicle, public transportation is not available.
Hours: Monday to Friday
Pay Rate: $18.00
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Experience: 2-3 years
The Welder is responsible for designing, cutting, and permanently joining metal components together through the application of appropriate welding equipment and techniques. Welder work with a range of materials and equipment in fitting/assembling metal components to form structures, which ultimately make up a finished good.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilize Mig in welding metallic and composite materials together
- Operate manual welding equipment in vertical, horizontal, or overhead positions
- Use saw, drills, iron workers, and other manufacturing equipment in cutting, bevelling, and contouring metal work pieces
- Rework material by dismantling, reshaping, and reassembling metal components using cutting torches and hand tools
- Monitor manufacturing equipment to ensure usage is within optimum temperature to avoid overheating or expansion
- Prepare metal surfaces to remove impurities such as dirt, scale, rust, grease, and moisture
- Read and interpret project drawings, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams to accurately perform welding functions
- De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture
- Contribute to equipment modifications for continual improvement of new and existing products
- Inspect welded surfaces and structures to identify flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Welding Supervisor
Evaluation & Measurement:
- Ensure welds are free from defects and impurities
- Continual improvement on welding procedures and practices
- Frequency of non-conformances using welding jigs and drawings
- Champion Core Values to the organization
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- 2+years’ experience operating as a commercial welder
- Current and valid welding certification
- Ability to complete repetitive task without making mistakes
- Previous Mig welding and/or custom fabrication experience
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Must appreciate and acknowledge working responsibilities and authorities within the organization.
How to Apply
Employer: On Demand Staffing
To Apply Visit Our Website: www.ondemandstaffing.ca
Or you can visit one of our office locations in Welland or St Catharines.
30 East Main Street in Welland
281 St Paul Street in St Catharines., Office 206 (Upper Office)
You can reach us toll free at: 1-800-832-1274
OnDemand Staffing is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, OnDemand Staffing will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
545 total views, 2 today