Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Camp Recreation Staff – Bilingual
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Niagara Falls
Summer recreation & activities program
Bilingual is preferred (French & English), Ffexible hours – full-time from June – Labour Day weekend.
Jellystone Niagara is a seasonally operated RV Resort and Campground located in Niagara Falls. We are dedicated to offering the most entertaining and interactive camping experience possible to families visiting our park from the local area or as tourists. The recreation department is a very important part of the camping experience and intends to make our park fun for families and encourage extended stays and repeat business. In addition to the overnight campers/RVers staying with their families, we offer a Sumer Day Camp to local residents. There is a schedule of activities with various themes set and you will be responsible for engaging the park guests and running the scheduled activities.
Must be available thru September 5 to assist with the summer camp program.
The Recreation Staff we are looking for is an extremely outgoing, fun, and energetic individual that is capable of setting up, executing and cleaning up after the scheduled daily activities, while interacting and entertaining children ages (aged 2-16) & their families while they stay at the park. The Recreation Staff should be a fun and spirited individual but also act professionally while interacting with the park’s guests and other staff members. The Recreation staff must be willing to wear the Yogi Bear mascot costume every day for our wagon rides or other events that involve one of the bears. The Recreation Staff must follow instruction of the Recreation Director and be mature, punctual, energetic and most importantly enjoy working with kids.
- Assisting the Recreation Director with setting up, executing events, crafts, and activities for each day in the summer. Following their instructions on how the craft should work, what supplies to use and making sure that children and their parents are following the planned activity.
- Learn names, interact and engage with kids during the planned activities. Encourage kids to participate and make them feel welcomed so that they will want to return for more of the drop-in activities on the schedule! Encourage kids that aren’t participating in the scheduled activities (at the park/pool etc..) to join in
- Follow the schedule and instructions and set up for the correct activities at the correct time and place
- Interact and participate in the games, crafts and activities
- Be willing to dress up in the Yogi Bear mascot costume every day at work (usually for 20-30 minutes at a time) for the wagon rides, dances, and other events that require the mascots
- Be aware of the supplies being used; avoid waste and overuse of supplies by kids and other staff members. Take note of inventory and notify the Recreation Director when supplies are running low or may need to be purchased.
- Be willing to sing or wear the mascot costumes during the wagon rides (or bear appearances) that happen at least 2x each day during the summer
- Keep the Recreation Hall clean and tidy during the day, and that it is completely set up for morning activities before you go home if you are working the night shift
- Help the Recreation Director brainstorm new activities and themes and communicate new ideas and enhancements you would like to see with the program to the Director.
- Ability to work weekdays or weekends for 6-8 hour shifts between 9am – 9pm thru September 5 to assist with the summer camp program.
- Previous experience working with kids in a drop in centre or day camp would be an asset
- The ability to take initiative and come up with solutions to problems and issues as they arise
- Trustworthy and experienced counting change and handling cash
- Ability to communicate instructions for a craft or activity clearly and effectively, and keep control of a group of kids
- Transportation to and from work in Niagara Falls (Access to a car is preferred) Jellystone Park is not directly on a bus route. Access to a vehicle is ideal.
- Experience with preparing crafts for kids would be extremely beneficial
- Experience creating recreation schedules, planning and executing events is preferred
- CPR Certification, lifeguard certificate or being bilingual (ability to speak French and English)
Experience: Summer Camp: 1 year
Licence: G2 or G
Language: French & English
If you believe you have the personality and traits that we are looking for and that you would make an outstanding Recreation Staff Team Member, we would love to hear from you! Please email us your cover letter (highlight previous experiences working with kids, why you think you have the right traits for this job, and what you plan to gain from being employed at Jellystone this summer), and resume to: email@example.com
91 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui