Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
We are looking for a bright, mission-driven, detail-oriented individual to join our team as an Education Lead and deliver the magic of computer science to our learners! This role is an important part of our Delivery Team. The Delivery Team is responsible for working with partners to teach activities and programs to learners. The Delivery Team is the public face of Canada Learning Code and ambassadors of the work we do.
This is a remote full time, salaried role.
Canada Learning Code is Canada’s leading national charity championing digital literacy education. Placing a special emphasis on women, transgender and beyond binary adults and youth, people with accessibility requirements, racialized people and new comers to Canada. Canada Learning Code is proud to work from coast to coast to make sure that all Canadians have access to the knowledge they need to prosper in our digital world. Originally founded as Ladies Learning Code in 2011, the organization has evolved to run programming for adults, youth and educators through programs Ladies, Girls, Kids, Teens and Teachers Learning Code.
Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than we expected it to, at Canada Learning Code we remain focused on our mission. Today, we are delivering live-online learning experiences across the country for adults, youth and educators. To date, Canada Learning Code has reached over 600,000 learners through an in-person experience.
What Success Looks Like
- We deliver an inspiring online educational experience
- We reach or exceed our learner goals across our programs
- We develop unique local partnerships and build our community of educators and learners nationwide
- Organize and deliver technology and computer science-related learning activities for adults, educators and youth learners including community groups (like schools, clubs, other organizations).
- Establish a safe and inclusive online training environment for all learners through application of facilitation and instruction techniques.
- Support the delivery of online workshops through taking on various roles including main instructor, technical producer and support mentor.
- Maintain a list of suggested program improvements then provide feedback on the content and resources available to learners.
- Use troubleshooting techniques to identify and address problems with software.
- Work in collaboration with your delivery team to learn new content and experiment with different delivery methods in order to best serve all learners.
- Collaborate cross functionally on developing learning resources
- When appropriate, supporting in community outreach and communications to develop online experience pipeline to ensure our experiences are accessible to our diverse communities of focus
- Speak with the media, communicate with parents and event partners and more, as needed
- You have experience in teaching adults and children (non-academic/informal or post-secondary), experience in an online environment is an asset.
- You have a basic understanding of Computer Science and will be comfortable teaching the fundamentals of coding (HTML & CSS, Scratch, Glitch, WordPress).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Web Development and Design is an asset.
- You are passionate about collaborative and inclusive learning environments.
- You enjoy interacting with learners (adults and youth) and are passionate about inspiring and teaching.
- You are a flexible team player and confident in asking the right questions and being engaged to find positive solutions.
- You are incredibly self-directed, a fast learner, and need little supervision and have the ability to work independently and remotely.
- You love to use online tools and technology to help you be effective and efficient.
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, comfortable with learning new technology and digital tools. You have experience with video conferencing tools, like Zoom
- You have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ mentality
- You take initiative and are excited to come up with creative ideas as part of your job every day.
- You have impeccable time-management, planning and organizing skills.
- You are fluent in English, French is an asset.
- Must be able to provide a Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable sector screening.
We are currently fully remote due to Covid-19. Though our HQ is Toronto, this is a remote role (even without the pandemic) and we are open to applicants across Canada. For team members located in GTA you will have the option to return our Toronto office space when it is safe to do so – an entire floor at Queen and University (right around the corner from a subway station)!
This role requires some evening and weekend work. Some travel may be required if/when safe to do so.
This role reports to our Code Squad Community Success Manager.
Why Join Our Team?
We’re doing something big and we have huge goals. Canada Learning Code is a place where you will be surrounded and supported by some amazing people who are light on ego, high on curiosity, and flat out want to make a difference. We are always looking for talented individuals who bring strong skill sets that complement and add to our existing teams along with innovative thinking, team attitude and an ability to show results.
All positions at our organization include the following perks & benefits:
- Being a part of a growing team that is changing the computer science education industry in a big way
- 15 days of vacation annually plus shut down during December (usually one week) for some rest and recharge time
- Up to 10 Personal Leave days per calendar year that can be used as floater holidays for religious and traditional practices that don’t match the standard holiday schedule or whatever else you might need
- Group benefits including medical, dental and EAP
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Professional development and the opportunity to participate in part-time courses and workshops for free
Step 1: Video Call with a member of our P&C Team
Step 2: Meeting with Hiring Manager
Step 3: Candidate Challenge with cross functional team members
Step 4: Life Story Meeting with members of the Senior Leadership Team
***Important note: If you are viewing this job posting on Indeed or another aggregated site, please apply directly here instead
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Canada Learning Code is committed to building a transparent environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision to harness the power of technology to create a better and more inclusive future. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
Canada Learning Code is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please contact us at people(@)candalearningcode(dot)ca
Apply to this role on our job board: https://canadalearningcode.humi.ca/job-board/delivery/3229
205 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui