Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Bilingual (French/English) Youth Worker
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
Summary of Position:
We are currently recruiting to fill a full time permanent position within Youth Services, specifically the Diversion/Community Programming Team.
This position is 35 hours per week with an anticipated start date of April 16th 2018.
The purpose of the Youth Worker position is to deliver a range of youth work programs and services within Youth Justice Services of the John Howard Society of Hamilton, Burlington & Area.
The Youth Worker is responsible for providing early intervention and prevention programming and support to youth and their families. The Youth Worker carries out these responsibilities in accordance with Agency and Youth Justice Services standards, policies and procedures. This position reports to the Manager of Youth Services or designate.
- Fluently bilingual, French and English, written and spoken is essential.
- Minimum Child and Youth Worker Diploma and / or a Human Services Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a youth justice setting
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to implement Cognitive Based Programs
- Strong communication, listening, case management and documentation skills
- Valid Class G driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Provide and maintain an acceptable criminal record check including a vulnerable sector check.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and support the young person’s completion of their intervention goals through case management, support and advocacy
- Liaise with and resource a variety of community organizations and businesses in order to effectively meet the needs of youth participating in the agency’s youth justice programming
- Provide youth and their families with information, resources and referrals to external programs and services where appropriate
- Maintain current knowledge of youth / youth justice issues using internet resources, print resources, newspapers etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of other programs and services in the community
- Identify youth service needs and make recommendations for new services within the mandate of the service contract.
- Facilitate group programming (in house and / or off site) according to the established facilitator’s guide to ensure consistency of group service delivery
- Maintain current knowledge on cognitive skills based programming and make recommendations for changes to current programs
- Develop resources and support materials for use in group programs
- Distribute and collect evaluations to determine the effectiveness of material presented.
Case Management & Documentation:
- Ensure program and individual performance program standards and measures are met to ensure agency programs achieve expected outcomes
- Participate in evaluations, reviews and research to support new initiatives and best practices
- Support the agency’s response to requests from Funders and Ministries regarding program operation
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete file documentation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community partners, service providers and case managers
- Promote and represent the John Howard Society of Hamilton, Burlington & Area at community meetings and special events
- Engage in program promotion and distribute program information in the community.
Program Coordination Responsibilities:
- Represent the agency on community committees as required
- Collect and collate program specific service statistics
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with community partners in order to adequately resource the program.
- Participate in service presentations to Board of Directors, community agencies, service clubs, etc. as requested
- Work within and contribute to a positive team environment
- Carry out work related duties in a manner that promotes staff cohesiveness, respecting others’ rights to a positive work environment
- Supervise student placements and volunteers as required
- Participate in training programs as identified
- Carry out duties in accordance with the agency’s Health & Safety Program
- Carry out duties in accordance with the agency’s Operational Policies Manual
- Actively participate in team meetings, general staff meetings, supervision meetings and the performance appraisal process
- Submit travel expenses and leave requests according to established procedures
- Participate in volunteer recognition and agency special events
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designate.
Please apply in both French and English.
Submit a resume & cover letter outlining your skills, education and experience to Kim Gibson-Chalmers via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadlines: 4:30 pm EST Friday, March 23rd 2018
258 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui