Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Community Worker – ID 19343
Description de l'emploi
Location: Headquarters Campbell East, St. Catharines
Division: Seniors Community Programs
Hours: 35 hours / week
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant must be fluent in French and English, both oral and written.
Bilingual candidates will be given preference.
Receive referrals, respond to initial inquires for programs and services, and provide support and rapid response intervention (e.g., problem identification, referral and services coordination, individual/d group support/advocacy, caregiver/public education, agency consultation and service advocacy). Assess client needs using standardized tools and develop goal oriented service plan to address assessment outcomes. In partnership with other agency providers coordinate service plan to reduce risk factors to optimize client ability to remain independent within the community. Apply a professional approach demonstrating respectful, non-judgmental, and solution orientation will work as part of a collaborative team with an outcome focus, and be responsible for an assigned portfolio. Maintain integrated electronic client files. Perform public relation and formal presentation activities to promote Seniors Community Programs across the Niagara Region.
- College Diploma in Social Services/Gerontology or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Post Diploma Certificate in Geriatric Mental Health/Dementia or equivalent.
- University Degree in related discipline (Gerontology, Psychology, Sociology or Health Sciences) considered an asset.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the field of applied behavioral sciences with emphasis on working with senior citizens and specifically service coordination for individuals with disabling conditions (mental health, dementia, chronic disease management).
- Demonstrated work experience in a multi-agency, integrated work environment and excellent demonstrated team building skills in support of common outcome measures.
- Knowledge of community support services for seniors.
- Knowledge of client/participant safety issues and demonstrated capacity to apply client/participant safety practices.
- Demonstrated work experience in the use of electronic client record management systems for data requirements and related client service planning and outcomes documentation.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check including Vulnerable Sector Query and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Able to travel to various locations across the Niagara Region and may be based in remote offices including: Niagara Regional Housing sites, alternate Niagara Region office sites and other locations as required for portfolio assignments.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted specified license for the class of the vehicle operated.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges TODAY!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application at www.niagararegion.ca to Job Opening 19343 – Community Worker.
Closing date: November 22, 2017
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
58 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui