Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Employment Counselor / Job Developer
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
Part-time (Contract position to March 31, 2019)
Jobs Niagara is seeking a high energy individual who thrives in a fast paced environment. Confidence, the ability to shake off discouragement and maintain an encouraging attitude is a must; this is an outcome based program. The selected incumbent will be approaching employers with and on behalf of job seekers with a variety of disabilities and accommodation needs. You will support job seekers throughout the Niagara Region, helping them with learning and maintaining competitive employment, while also educating, supporting and assisting employers/staff with successfully integrating the job seeker into their workforce.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University or College Diploma in Social Services, and experience working with and understanding accommodation needs of people with all types of disabilities.
- 2 years professional sales skills that can be transferable into the field of job development.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and a willingness to use your own vehicle for work purposes. Willingness to drive wheelchair accessible vehicles to promote active participation of all candidates in their personal job search process.
- Clean driving record.
- French Language skills an asset.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven ability to support, direct, train and teach job seekers through the entire job search journey.
- Must be able to problem solve and help customers with conflict resolution skills to help them maintain long term employment.
- Ability to create resumes, cover letters, complete online applications.
- Sales and Marketing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work productively as part of the current Jobs Niagara Team.
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office
- Must be able to update and create customer files.
- This position often requires supporting job seekers on the job, in the environment they are working, this may require moderate to considerable physical effort from time to time.
- Lifting, standing for long periods of time, walking, pushing, bending, pulling, carrying and/or twisting.
- The incumbent must be physically fit to do any and all of the above. Furthermore, the incumbent must be physically and emotionally fit to adjust to changing environments and heavy caseloads.
- Position includes a lot of driving.
HOURS OF WORK:
- 32 hours per week.
- Hours must be flexible, we work to support employers during the hours they require the job seeker.
- During training periods with new employees you may work early mornings, evenings, weekends, midnights.
- Commensurate with experience
Closing Date for applications: April 27, 2018 at 4:00pm.
Please send cover letter and resume to Celine Johnson, Jobs Niagara, 100 McRae Ave, Port Colborne, ON L3K 2A8, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Jobs Niagara of Community Living Port Colborne is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact Celine Johnson at (905) 835 8941, ex. 116. All requests will be addressed confidentially.
164 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui