Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Indigenous In-School Support Worker
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
POSITION TITLE: Indigenous In-School Support Worker-Indigenous Secondary School Programs “Soaring Eagles”
The Indigenous In-School Support Worker will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the youth attending both the secondary school programs on a daily basis in a variety of different areas, utilizing a holistic approach. The Indigenous In-School Support Worker will be responsible for student case management, program/life skills facilitation, academic support and performing additional supportive duties as designated by management.
- Indigenous Children or Youth Program Worker Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within the field working with children ages 14-21
- Willingness and ability to work alongside the teachers and Cultural Resource Coordinator
- Ability to perform administration duties.
- Demonstrated experience in group facilitation
- Experience utilizing various behavioral strategies
- Ability to network and work collaboratively with other agencies.
- Strong ability to build rapport with youth.
- Knowledge of social and cultural barriers faced by Urban Indigenous Children & Youth.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Certified would be considered an asset
- Experience working within the Indigenous community.
- Knowledge of case management/conferencing; including maintaining case notes.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle.
- Vulnerable Sector criminal records check
All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and proof of education to:
Niagara Regional Native Centre
382 Airport Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing: March 29, 2018 @ 4:00pm
Contract: Date of start to: June 2018 with the opportunity of renewal.
We thank all applicants who apply however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to Indigenous qualified applicants.
205 total de vues, 3 aujourd'hui