Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Mental Health Support Worker
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
22.5 hours per week.
The Mental Health Support Worker is responsible for working with refugee/newcomer clients to help identify, examine and treat mental health and emotional issues or disorders. They will facilitate counselling sessions with individuals, groups and families, conduct assessments, short-term crisis intervention, referrals and ensure client’s access to appropriate mental health services.
The aim of this position is for the candidate to work in collaboration with our other agency staff as well as external partners to aid clients’ resettlement and integration into the community. The successful candidate will use a team-based, coordinated systems approach to mental health, consult with case managers to advise on best practices and assist newcomers in navigating the mental health support available to them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide coordinated and integrated services according to the needs of clients
- Collaborate with clients and professionals to determine treatment/care needs for case planning
- Provide both in office and in-home services to clients
- Assess client needs, design therapy goals and plans, monitor client progress
- Implements case management techniques, prepares reports and makes referrals
- Work from a strength-based perspective and use multi-model therapy approaches
- Provides behavioural intervention in one-on-one or group setting
- Follows protocols for aggressive and disruptive behaviours
- Provides behaviour management and crisis intervention as required
- Ensures all confidential information is stored and released only in accordance with agency policies
- Keep up to date with knowledge of community resources and mental health services
- Participate in the evaluation of program goals and objectives making recommendations on changes to current program activities to improve service delivery
- Performs other duties as required.
Requirements (Knowledge, Experience, Skills):
- MSW, BSW, MSC Psych or equivalent in mental health or counselling in a related field with a minimum of two years relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of mental health concerns, addictions, cross-cultural approaches to social well-being in newcomer and refugee populations
- Experience facilitating individual and group counselling sessions
- Knowledge of community resources such as hospital resources, addiction providers, community mental health services etc.
- Crisis intervention and conflict mediation training
- Proficiency in Arabic or Spanish Languages Preferred
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures
- Understand and uphold Folk Arts missions and values
- Respect and value the diversity and unique needs of communities and individuals
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills
- Respect and protect the rights of clients, including but not limited to their right to independence, autonomy, and self-determination; their right to choose and practice individual values, beliefs, religion, and culture; their right to privacy and dignity; and their right to live free from retaliation, discrimination, and abuse.
Deadline to apply is February 23rd, 2018 at 4:00 pm.
Apply ONLY by email to Executive Director Jeff Burch at the following address: email@example.com
Only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
302 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui