Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
The Niagara Workforce Planning Board is one of 26 planning boards in Ontario funded by Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development via Employment Ontario and the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration. NWPB acts as Niagara’s authoritative voice for research by providing its various stakeholders (which include local municipalities, Niagara Region, Brock University, Niagara College, Niagara’s secondary school boards, businesses, business associations, and the social profit sector) with data and research on Niagara’s job market, population trends, and various Statistics Canada information. Our organization works to provide our stakeholders with quality data and to ensure they are paired with compelling stories.
The Mentorship Manager/Coach is responsible for the coordination and execution of all aspects of NWPB’s Immigrant Mentorship Program. This program works to provide local newcomers and immigrants with a mentoring experience that will build intercultural knowledge, expand their professional networks, and equip them with the strategies to succeed in their field.
This is an ideal role for someone who is a motivated self-starter with a background in employment services, project coordination, or immigrant support. The Mentorship Manager/Coach reports to the Operations and Research Manager under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the contractual activities of the NWPB Immigrant Mentorship Program, including all ministry mandated targets and project deliverables
- Provide hands-on support to internationally trained professionals participating in the program through their mentorship experience and as they transition into an employment search
- Actively liaison with Employment Ontario employment service providers, settlement agencies, and other immigrant supporting organizations to ensure continual intake into NWPB’s Immigrant Mentorship Program Project
- Actively liaison with Employment Ontario employment services providers to ensure program alumni are on a path to employment
- Using a variety of methods (social media, networking events, referral networks) actively recruit mentors to participate in the program
- Ensure alignment of skills and experiences when creating mentor-participant pairings
- Facilitate initial mentor-participant meetings
- Support mentors by providing access to in-house training materials and current knowledge on professional mentorship
- Plan and execute special events, including an annual celebration event for program participants and mentorship training days
- Identify and attend local businesses and networking events to promote the program
- Participate in Niagara Immigrant Employment Council meetings and act as a staff liaison to this committee
- Serve on local, immigrant focused committees and working tables as a means of supporting the mentorship program
- Coordinate evaluation of the program activities in collaboration with NWPB’s staff and outside project evaluators
- Ensure accurate and timely records of mentors, participants, and participant outcomes
- Works with the NWPB marketing and communications coordinator to ensure NWPB’s web and social media footprint on this project is relevant and up-to-date
Skills and Qualifications
- Three to five years of experience working in employment services or a setting that supports both client and employer needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of social issues and experience working with immigrants
- Proven record of project management
- Independent and able to work with little supervision
- Motivated self-starter
- Comfort in public speaking and presenting
- Dedicated team player
- Able to manage relationships
- Comfortable with business development activities
This description of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the typical scope of work for the Mentorship Manager/Coach. The Mentorship Manager/Coach may also be required to perform other lawful and reasonable duties for the successful completion of projects or to further the goals and interests of NWPB as may be required from time to time.
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Mario De Divitiis email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until 5pm on April 27, 2018.
259 total de vues, 1 aujourd'hui