Tableau d’offres d’emploi
Rechercher un emploi près de votre emplacement
Right To Play Coordinator
NOTE : Cette offre d'emploi a expiré et peut ne plus être d'actualité !
Description de l'emploi
Start date: ASAP following hire
End Date: August 31, 2018
Rate of Pay: $18.00/hour
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week, evenings, weekends and special event work as required by position
Employed by the Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre, responsible to the policies as determined by the Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre’s Board of Directors and under the direct supervision of the Executive Director or designated manager.
The program Promoting Life-skills in Aboriginal Youth or « PLAY » program is designed for Indigenous children and youth to access high-quality programs that use play to build and enhance their life-skills making a difference in their own lives and the lives of others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To meet the objectives of the Program Pillars: improved education with higher attendance rates and plans to attend post-secondary education. Improved health through commitment of making healthier choices regarding physical activity and nutritious food consumption with an increased understanding of diabetes. Youth Employability through training in employability related skills, how to plan for the future, building self-confidence and understanding how to prepare themselves for employment opportunities. Healthy Relationships by increasing positive coping skills and knowledge, knowing where to go for support services. Decrease of bullying in the community.
- Work proactively and in conjunction with UAHL, Youth Navigator, Wasanabin and Cultural Coordinator.
- Coordinate all activities for the participants in the program
- Ensure that programming is done from a Cultural perspective.
- Providing activities that will promote the success of PLAY through activities, workshops, etc.
- Implementation of forms for intakes, plan of care/goals, progress notes, attendance, evaluation forms, etc.
- Recruit willing participants to start in the PLAY program.
- Prepare reports and any required statistical information within set deadlines.
- Attendance is required for workshops, staff meetings, business meetings, seminars and conferences relating to Right to Play.
- Maintain comprehensive up to date client files with all required documentation.
- Maintaining effective communications at all times, written and verbal.
- Positive, solution focused interaction at all times.
- Working closely with FENFC staff as per Centre process.
- Ensuring that all confidentiality requirements are met as per FENFC policy and the law.
- Other duties as may be requested from time to time by the immediate supervisor or Executive Director.
- Relevant college or university level accreditation or equivalent work experience (Five years’ experience in social work/youth work.)
- Exceptional knowledge of Indigenous language and culture.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Dynamic group facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code and relevant acts.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Superior ability to work to deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent management, planning skills and the ability to successfully facilitate multiple interest situations.
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have a current, clear, vulnerable sector police check.
- Must have a clean driver’s abstract, a current driver’s license.
- Flexibility and adaptability is a must in our fast paced organization.
- Ownership of any and all program budgets, equipment, materials and supplies are the property of the Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre Incorporated and not that of the specific program or program worker.
- Hours of work are determined by program need.
- Determined by program mandate and position
- Standing, sitting, bending, twisting, and reaching are normal daily activities in this position
- Occasional lifting or kneeling may be required.
Please email resume and 3 work related reference letters to:
796 Buffalo Road, Fort Erie, ON, L2A 5H2
Phone: 905-871-8931 ext.226
Closing Date: April 23/18 @ 12:00 pm
Thank you for your interest.
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
234 total de vues, 2 aujourd'hui